Today's release of the summary of the latest US nutritional guidelines reveal mostly things we already know:
- Limit sugar (innate sugar in fruits, veggies, and milk are the exception)
- Eat good fats (fish, healthy oils), not bad (saturated fats found mostly in fatty animal meats, butter, whole milk)
- Cutting back on salt makes sense (but is much harder than we realize)
A few debated items have come out as winners:
- Eggs ARE a good protein source
- Coffee, in moderation, is healthy
Controversy still remains over:
- The lack of a big push toward plant-based diets
For more, here's the WebMD summary:
5/19/2020 07:07:17 am
wow, great article.<a href="https://www.makeoverarena.com/waptrick-com/"> Amazing contents</a>. I have some more amazing stories you can get. Please do check on my article via the link below:
Leave a Reply.
Lauren Hedde, DO; James Hedde, DO and Mark Turshen, MD are Family Physicians and Co- Founders of Direct Doctors, Inc. a Direct Primary Care Practice.